Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Fun Day

Woo! This warm weather has me itchin' for spring something fierce!! I'm torn, though. I really, really ADORE spring, but.....I hate summer. I hate being sweaty, and I don't love seeing all the "Duck" skirts, as my parents call them. Duck skirts. You know, they're so short they're an inch below your "quack"! Anyway, they're gross.

Anyhoo, as I mentioned, this weather has got me feelin' spring. And what's the best about Spring?! Skirts!! Not business skirts. Fun, floofy, spring skirts! I've been on the prowl for awhile looking for some new ones, and they are seriously lacking in the big girl area. They're all gnarly looking, or have weird tiers. Not into it.

Then, magically delicious, I remembered this tutorial from the super cute blog Freshly Picked. I saw awhile back. My cute friend Nadja over at My Koo Kloset made this super cute basic black skirt based on this tutorial. Nadja is studying fashion design and makes most of her clothes. Super jealous of her skill. I can sew, but I usually get frustrated with the machine and throw a fit, so I tend to avoid it. However, with the current "skirtuation", desperate times call for desperate sewing. But, this tutorial is so well written and basic that I think I have a fighting chance.

Here's a quickie pic of the finished skirt from Freshly Picked:

Adorable, right? It has POCKETS!!!


I can't wait to try it so I can sashay around town in it with a super cute cardigan. I love cardigans. I think I have an addiction....

I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes.....

2 comments:

  1. I used to be a cardigan addict myself when I was younger, though I don't think I have any now. The skirt is cute...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to start weaning myself off them. They're just so cute with a belt! Thanks for reading!

      Delete