Wednesday, March 21, 2012

In the Summer of 2010 I had the fabulous opportunity to visit some areas of Washington State I had never been to. My grandmother had passed away the previous May, and we went as a family to bury her with my grandpa.

My dad had grown up in the rural areas of Washington, and so it was fun to be with him as he relived some of those memories and showed us around. Growing up a Utah girl, I've always had a soft spot for the country. I love rolling hills of crops, quaint farmhouses, and the smell of fresh air and manure. I'm sure you're wrinkling your nose, but there's just something about being in open country that is just so soothing for your soul. I treasure the memories we made on that trip, as it was the last roadtrip our family was able to go on (minus my brother and sister in law, whom live across the country and were not able to go).

I fell in love with the tiny town of Waitsburg, Washington. It lies on a stretch of highway between Walla Walla, Washington and Dayton, Washington, with Walla Walla being the bigger of the two. Don't blink, or you might miss it. It's gorgeous!

Seriously, how can you resist this?

                                                                          {Via}

I told you, GORGEOUS! Now don't get me wrong, I love city livin'. I love having access to diverse cultural events and art museums. I love downtown sushi nights and film festivals in stilettos. But again, there is just something unlike the country. I would love, love, love to  have a little farmhouse on two acres to grow my carrots and cabbage and have some chickens. It would need to have a side house, of course, so I could have my art studio out there to house my creative space.

Doesn't that sound like heaven??

No comments:

Post a Comment