Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Monday, ya'll!

I'm pooped. Seems counterintuitive, right? I should be well rested after the weekend. But a couple fabulous weekends in a row can really take it out of a girl!

The weekend started out right, when mom and I had some girl time at sushi. LOVE it! I could eat sushi everyday and be completely fine with it. Seriously.

Saturday was spent down south in Spanish Fork, UT at the Sri Sri Radha Krishna temple for the Holi festival (also called the Colors Festival). The festival is intended to celebrate the coming of spring, and also the downfall of  Krishna deity Holika. While I am not Krishna myself, I respect them and am excited that they invite the public to be part of such a fun spring celebration.

    {Via}

Essentially, at a certain pre-determined time, chalk/cornstarch powder in many colors is thrown. For a moment, you're immersed in rainbow cloud. When the dust settles, you have become a rainbow yourself. Quite the experience! While not for everyone, especially young children and our older friends, it's something worth checking out if you've got a sense of adventure. And patience, lots of it. It took us 4 hours to do a 1 1/2 hr drive because of traffic. Also, they started charging this year so the line was outrageous, which was frustrating since we had taken the time the weekend before to drive down and buy our color and admission wristbands. I don't think you should have to wait in line if you pre-paid, but I'm sure they'll work out the kinks.

But my most favorite part was Sunday. I LOVE being excited to go to church again. Our Relief Society lesson focused on time management, and priorities. Girl, was the lesson made for me or what?! I am what I like to call a "leisurely" girl. I don't like to be rushed, like at all. I take my time getting ready in the morning. I dilly dally. I'm late to quite a bit, which is something I'm working on. The lesson emphasized that we need to prioritize our schedules, and make time for sacred things. Our lives are busy, but we should never be too busy to do those things the Lord has asked of us. I must admit that my scripture reading is somewhat lax these days, as is my Temple attendance.

The class teacher mentioned that when she sat down and actually wrote down her schedule, she found she had a lot more free time than she thought. She had us write down our current schedules, then write down our hopeful schedule. I found that I have way more free time than I thought, including working and studying. Remember the time I don't Zumba because I don't have time? That's a lie. So, this week, I am committed to re-prioritizing. I'm committed to making sure I am putting the Lord first in my life.

What can you change in your week to put the Lord first?

No comments:

Post a Comment