Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Service

So, I was going to post Recent Update #2, since the original was getting mega long and I wanted to tell the story of a harrowing experience I had two Sundays ago. It involved a canyon road, being trapped, and, in all seriousness, thinking I was going to die.

BUT....

This is so much more uplifting!!

Drum Roll, please. I am pleased to introduce to you....Craft Hope.


Craft Hope is a non profit group that got its start in 2009 in a little town outside Austin, TX. It's a collaberative project that allows crafters of all ages and ability levels to craft for a cause.

Projects are numbered and typically run for about a month. During the month, you may send the requested handmade goods to the address provided for distribution to various charities. Their most recent project, The Littlest Warriors, focused on bags for little ones who are headed into the hospital for an extended stay. Such a hard time for parents, and I imagine that having activities to help take the littles mind off of upcoming unpleasantries without having one more thing to plan would be a huge help.  The deadline was March 12th for this project, but the info stated that another project would be coming soon. I so hope one does. Between church activities and woking full time along with full time school, I don't have as much time to serve others as I would like.

Their website was having some trouble at the time of this post, although we're assured that it will be fixed shortly. In the meantime, Craft Hope can be found on Facebook here. Bonus: You don't have to be on Facebook to view the pages. Since I'm off FB for the time being (too much time wasted!), I was worried that I couldn't participate. But I was still able to view the "Notes" section, which had all the addresses and info I needed.

What a neat way to combine two of my most favorite things in the world. Crafting, and Service for others!!

No comments:

Post a Comment